Yet another Mobile XP success

Dude

Limp Gawd
Just had to show it off!

hs_sml.jpg

Not quite stable...yet. The amazing thing is that I'm using a freakin Turbolink PSU to get those numbers. When my Antec gets here, life will be good. BTW, volcano 9 doing the cooling.:eek:

ouch! man, Id imagine you might see a bit more with the antec, but 2.1!!! :eek: man toss a sp97 on that thing with a really good 80mm fan = :D

Originally posted by NewBlackDak
wow, you're brave to use 2.1v on a crapcano! :eek:

These mobiles will make you do stupid shit man! It's gotten to 50 under Prime @ 2700. That's not too bad I think. BTW, I know this question has been asked before, but as long as the temps are under control, high volts should not be a problem? Or is that a fallacy?

how much do you want for it?

I can trade my 2.4+ 2500+ for it and some cash also.. I NEED one of these chips..

Originally posted by NewBlackDak
wow, you're brave to use 2.1v on a crapcano! :eek:

heh, try 2.2 :p, i've even done 2.3 (max) but board doesn't like that too much.

nice clocking Dude :D

3079mhz.gif

you don't have it stable at over 3ghz do you?!

I don't think Ive even seen a stable 2.9...

if it is stable, give some benchie pics

Originally posted by Mag Master
how much do you want for it?

I can trade my 2.4+ 2500+ for it and some cash also.. I NEED one of these chips..

Thanks for the generous offer, but I think I'll hang on to it for a while. ;)

Originally posted by Stang Man
heh, try 2.2 :p, i've even done 2.3 (max) but board doesn't like that too much.

nice clocking Dude :D

3079mhz.gif

:eek: You win! :eek:

:eek: That's as good as Stag's!
God I want one of these! <Drool>
I hope you thrown some heatsinks on those mosfets!
What was it? A 2400+ or a 2500+?

Originally posted by Dude
These mobiles will make you do stupid shit man! It's gotten to 50 under Prime @ 2700. That's not too bad I think. BTW, I know this question has been asked before, but as long as the temps are under control, high volts should not be a problem? Or is that a fallacy?

That is incorrect, even if you cool a barton -50 degrees you will still with great certainty kill it at 2.5V. Good cooling DOES help though, so it's always a plus.

Btw, was gonna say I wanted to see someone here post at 3GHz, but then I saw Stang_Mans reply. Now that's a [H]ard OC, heck makes me want to sell my desktop barton right now and buy a mobile+good antec psu..:D

I'm gonna push my 2800 barton which is not mobile, just to see how far i can go, but this is amazing wow

Okay, one BIG questions to you mobile Athlon OC'ers. How is the performance on gaming benches (fps of some known games)? Does it scale better than P4 oc'd? I keep finding my desktop being used soley for gaming (notebook is much easier to do coding on for my eye... and its no slouch one with big screen). Yeah my 22" CRT for desktop is soley for gaming... lol.
Was thinking about hitting back to H2O cooled gaming rig and wanted to know if I should keep up with P4 or Athlon at this time. (If it scales better than P4 I will gladly move to athlon mobile until something is done about presshot).

In terms of clock speed the Athlon scales much better than the P4. A 100MHz increase on an Athlon may yeild a 5% improvement while on a P4 only like a 2% improvement. (example, not real numbers) But FSB is actually much more important. A 2.5GHz Athlon with a 250 FSB can outperform a 2.7GHz Athlon with a 200MHz FSB. Usually. :)

stang_man, stop posting those pics of speeds your CPU isnt stable at without mentioning that they are not in fact stable, and just hoping that nobody will ask. I could show you one of my 1800+ @ 2.4, but it would crash bad soon after. If it isnt stable, it doesnt count.

Originally posted by boshi
stang_man, stop posting those pics of speeds your CPU isnt stable at without mentioning that they are not in fact stable, and just hoping that nobody will ask. I could show you one of my 1800+ @ 2.4, but it would crash bad soon after. If it isnt stable, it doesnt count.
I think the honor achieved with that oc is called "boots into windows at 3ghz yadayada"

That nor 2.9ghz is nothing to sneeze at so lighten up a bit.

donate a p4 rig and some pc4000 memory and I'll do a direct comparison between the scalability

Originally posted by Shapeshifter
ouch! man, Id imagine you might see a bit more with the antec, but 2.1!!! :eek: man toss a sp97 on that thing with a really good 80mm fan = :D

As this chip does seem to have quite a bit of potential, I really should upgrade my cooling. I'm giving some serious thought to getting a sp-97 and just using my loudass 80mm on it. On the other hand, I'm also thinking of getting back into watercooling. I know (I've read) that the sp-97 is one hell of a cooler, but how does it compare to a descent 1/2' watercooling setup? Worth the extra expense?

w/c and air are two diffrent leagues, you really cant compare them. A good custom made w/c setup will best just about any kind of air cooling.

If I remember right some site was reviewing either a Thermalright or a Swiftech HSF and had some numbers comparing them to a WC setup. I have to review somewhere in my bookmarks, I could dig it up for you. Either way it is possible to cool a chip on air to with in a few degrees of a WC setup.

Originally posted by CrimandEvil
If I remember right some site was reviewing either a Thermalright or a Swiftech HSF and had some numbers comparing them to a WC setup. I have to review somewhere in my bookmarks, I could dig it up for you. Either way it is possible to cool a chip on air to with in a few degrees of a WC setup.

That would be great if you could. I know that the sp-97 kicks some major ass, but I don't mind spending $100 extra if water cooling can get an order of magnitude cooler. Just how much difference is there with these new heatpipe coolers?

BTW, I'm not talking the exos or corsair rig, they are fine, but I would be considering a 1/2' system with a heater core and high flow 120mm fan.

Okay I'll look for it but I have something like 100 bookamrks just for "Reviews" so it might take awhile (couple of mins) before I can post it... well that and I'm watching "Buffy" :D

Back