Yet another "Help me pick a mobo" thread

DOOManiac

n00b
I've decided there must be some issue w/ my motherboard to cause both of the 6800GT's I bought to act up (or needing to tweak some options my motherboard just doesn't have, but that puts me in the same situation) so I've decided to purchase a new motherboard to allieviate this.

I know its a bit inconsiderate to post threads like these asking to be spoon fed and whatnot, but I really don't have the time to do the week and a half of researching all the mobo's out there as I haven't kept up w/ the hardware scene lately (only do so when I upgrade, which is about every other year). So if any of you guys have suggestions I'd greatly appreciate them.

Here are my requirements:
1) Must work with my P4 533FSB 2.4Bghz cpu, as I won't be upgrading CPUs right now. If 800FSB boards are backwards compatible that's a plus as I may buy a 800FSB CPU in the future, but just not right now.

2) Must accept 4 sticks o PC2100. Again, if it can do faster yet is backwards compatible, that's fine too.

3) Dual Channel DDR a definate, definate plus. That's the main reason I got the board I have right now, and I'd hate to lose that feature.

4) Must be AGP. No cash for PCI Express stuff yet.

5) Don't care about SATA stuff.

I'd greatly appreciate any and all recommendations you guys have. Thanks.

The ASUS P4P800 Deluxe is a nice board. It's based on the i865PE chipset (Springdale) and supports dual channel ddr, and 533MHz P4's.It's around $110 or so.

Back