Yet Another Headphone Recommendation Needed..

aarondavis121

Weaksauce
I have about $50-70 to spend on a set of cans. I just bought an X-fi XtremeMusic. They need to meet the following requirements:

1) Gaming
2) I listen to ALOT of live music, lots of friends have said I haven't really experienced this on the $20 headphones (Sony MDR-V150) I have right now and my onboard audio, and that i'll be amazed with better headphones.
3) I have kids, so the more ambient noise blocked, the better :D

Thanks!

for 20 bucks? give a listen to the Koss KSC-75's.... your friends would be amazed what a 20 bucks can can do. The Koss would be at least.. ummm 10x better than the Sony's which I own both and hammered the Sony's b/c they suck so so so bad compared to the Koss.

Anyways for your pricerange... I find that my sony MDR-XD400 ( 65 bucks) are great for live shows.... my sennheiser HD485's on the other hand are too slow and warm for live shows...

I don't think IEM's are good for gaming....? But i dunno. Not comfortable for me, either way.

You should get closed cans... in the price range I'd recommend the HD280 pro's as well. If you can spring a bit more, the ATH-A500's will keep you VERY satisfied. (i have them). They're NOT portable though.

What are good IEM under say 100, ive only tried the crappy iPod ones, and they hurt a bit after an hour or so.

The ipod ones are BUDS, not to be confused with IEM's (in ear monitors). IEM's will actually go a little bit into your canal... can you imagine? if buds are uncomfortable, skip IEM's completely.

yes, stick with full-sized phones... IEM in the same price range as fullsized would suck compared to them... and soundstage will be tiny for gaming.

Take a look at the Grado SR60s. They have the best sound of any headphone in your price range. You can find them for about $70.

after reading more threads, if i up my budget would the audio technica a500s work? they seem to cover everything i want

A500 is an excellent gaming can. It provides excellent soundstage/positioning as well as good deep bass and suprising detail. Plus, they are low impendance cans so they don't require an amp to sound good...of course and amp wouldn't hurt, either! :D

can you guys recommend me a headset with 3D Audio, i was looking into the Sennheiser 165 but they're pricey

i saw the Plantronics DSP-500 but i'm not sure if they have 3D sound

TIA

Just litterally picked up some HD280's 10 minutes ago from a local guitar center. have them on my head right now. They sound "bad ass" on my X-fi Sound card which i bought last night! These are pefrect for gaming and listening to music man. Great Bass and crisp high's. I tried out my friends DJ headphones (MDR-700DJ )and they just had too much bass.

rox1co said:
can you guys recommend me a headset with 3D Audio, i was looking into the Sennheiser 165 but they're pricey

i saw the Plantronics DSP-500 but i'm not sure if they have 3D sound

TIA
Start a new thread ;)

Back