• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Yet another bookshelf speaker thread

l3iohazard

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 22, 2010
Messages
278
I know this is going to be a stupid question to ask but I'll ask anyway. Has anyone had experience with these speakers before http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=303-434 are they really 175 watts?! :confused: I'm really just looking for some decent bookshelf to tide me over till I save up for some floor speakers. Is it better just to wait and save up some money or would bookshelf speakers be a good choice. As far as what type of music I listen to well... I listen to A LOT of stuff. It doesn't matter what really techno, classical, jazz, opera, dubstep, I listen to it all. Any suggestions on speakers whether bookshelf or floor would be appreciated :D
 
I'm with him. Don't buy a temporary setup. Get what you want the first time.

If you want floorstanding, save until you can afford some.

And actually, BIC makes some really great floorstanding speakers for people on a budget. Both the DV-64 and DV-84 are pretty much amazing given how little they cost, though people actually tend to prefer the DV-64.

The 64's are about $130 a piece. A couple of audio reviewers that usually prefer much higher end gear have basically come out and said the 64's sound just as good as some gear they've tested that cost three or four times as much.
 
I know this is going to be a stupid question to ask but I'll ask anyway. Has anyone had experience with these speakers before http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=303-434 are they really 175 watts?! :confused: I'm really just looking for some decent bookshelf to tide me over till I save up for some floor speakers. Is it better just to wait and save up some money or would bookshelf speakers be a good choice. As far as what type of music I listen to well... I listen to A LOT of stuff. It doesn't matter what really techno, classical, jazz, opera, dubstep, I listen to it all. Any suggestions on speakers whether bookshelf or floor would be appreciated :D

Check this thread: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1304711&highlight=bic+formula
 
175w? Well yes most probably but what amp is driving them and how efficient is it? Will you really need "175w"?
 
Last edited:
Ok thanks for the input. @Tekara I would never dream of running them maxed out all the time.
 
Back
Top