Yet another 710T thread

Argher

Limp Gawd
Well, based on all the user reviews etc on this forum, I ordered the 710T from monitorsdirect night before last (around 9pm est) via their standard, cheapest shipping. (I was so unsure whether I would like ANY LCD, let alone this one, that I paid the $80ish more than I could've gotten it from dell for). It came today at 10 am. Now THAT is fast shipping.

All I can say is...wow. Absolutely clear text, very crisp. The text is easier for me to read at 1280x1024 than it was at 1024x768 on my old Viewsonic E790 19". On top of that, no ghosting that I can tell, played some ut2k4 and counter-strike to test, as well as running through a DVD in some faced-paced parts.

Very good color saturation etc, very even backlighting, looking forward to messing with the portrait mode etc., all in all an absolutely unbelievable monitor. I've had other people say that this is the best monitor they've ever seen, LCD or CRT (people in real life, checking out my new stuff :p ).

Anyway, thanks for the great advice on the forums, let me add my recommendation to the others :D .

No problem. I apologize on behalf of Vinny, I'm sure without his comments you would have trusted this forum enough to save yourself $80 at Dell. It's truly a shame that people like him ruin good forums with their misleading information.

apologize on behalf of Vinny

STFU Please I am Not going to change my mind on the opinions on the Monitor. I still think the 710T is Nowhere neer the quality of a Trinitron CRT.

BombermanX Just stfu all you do is say my name and make posts about me

vinny77 said:

STFU Please I am Not going to change my mind on the opinions on the Monitor. I still think the 710T is Nowhere neer the quality of a Trinitron CRT.

Moderator?

vinny77 said:

You made this person think that this LCD was bad. Thusly, he spent and extra $80 so that he could return it if he didn't like it. I apologized because I knew you wouldn't because you're a proud son of a bitch, who cannot see that he is causing problems.

All I have to say on this subject is said here:
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1026345562&postcount=54

vinny77 said:
Um first of all, i didnt make him do anything,

I would spend a extra $100 just to buy from Monitors direct over dell

Reseller ratings

Dell= 3.39 http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1867.html
MD =8.46 http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2088.html

I think I lead Him the correct way, if you dont then go fight with all of the people On reseller ratings

And you think that reselleratings alone justify spending more money? Do you understand what kind of ignorence you are spreading? Well, I guess you can't, that's obvious (sorry, Im tired), but it should be obvious to you that Dell is a fairly reputable retailer, try looking for 2001FP threads and seeing how many people have returned their LCDs upwards of SEVEN times.

Why do you insist on instigating on every thread I make, and yes i will say that $80 is worth it

Id rather be able to talk to Workers of Americas Jobs and Knowing that when you buy from american companies you make american jobs, and i am not being Outsorced to india, Like dell does,

The reason i try not to Buy from dell

vinny77 said:
Why do you insist on instigating on every thread I make, and yes i will say that $80 is worth it

Id rather be able to talk to Workers of Americas Jobs and Knowing that when you buy from american companies you make american jobs, and i am not being Outsorced to india, Like dell does,

The reason i try not to Buy from dell

And you couldn't have stated that in your very politically based recommendation when you made it? And for the record, I am not instigating, merely trying to clean up after you and keep more people from being affected by your blatant ignorence. By the way, we're all in this world togather... and that isn't going to change. Let Dell experiment with sending jobs to India, maybe they will become an ally, something we seem to be in need of right now.

Outsourcing is good for the economy in some ways and bad in others. For example: it promotes higher education and higher level thinking. Meanwhile, it is removing money from the economy, which in turn disallows that same requirement. Outsourcing is a Catch-22 at the moment, but, hopefully, some lawmakers will figure it out and pass bills accordingly.

I don't desire to get into a political debate, I was just pointing out that outsourcing is not as demonic as the news makes it out to be.

And by the way, Vinny, you did suggest buying from monitorsdirect, which I think is fine. However, what is not okay is the fact that you made this monitor out to be a piece of trash, which made him hesitant enough to require the option to return it.

http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1026321789&postcount=9

Yeah I still Stand by My post. The only reason I bought a LCD was becouse i could return it to Monitors direct if I didnt like it and was not 100% satisfied with it. I do this with all products That i buy. I know most people dont but I like to get the most from my money and if I am only 99% sure that i want to keep it then i am going to send it back

When i said "Go for the 710T at Monitors Direct.com If ya dont like it you can return it" I meant it as ya cant go wrong, you have nothing to loose purchase. I also hate how Dell Bombards you with questions if you want to return something. When i returned my 710T to Monitors direct they did not even ask why. they just emailed me the shipping information to send it back.

vinny77 said:
Yeah I still Stand by My post. The only reason I bought a LCD was becouse i could return it to Monitors direct if I didnt like it and was not 100% satisfied with it. I do this with all products That i buy. I know most people dont but I like to get the most from my money and if I am only 99% sure that i want to keep it then i am going to send it back

When i said "Go for the 710T at Monitors Direct.com If ya dont like it you can return it" I meant it as ya cant go wrong, you have nothing to loose purchase. I also hate how Dell Bombards you with questions if you want to return something. When i returned my 710T to Monitors direct they did not even ask why. they just emailed me the shipping information to send it back.

I think that's the first intelligent, informative and possibly useful post I've seen from you Vinny. Keep it up, you may be on a roll.

Argher, i hope you like it as i like mine. All in all its a very good one from my experiences.

as to the outsourcing, i agree that its good for india..... but bad for people who can't understand indian accent or vice versa ^_^.

I like to protest dell as much as possible...... but when you save 80$... even i will cave in.

And yes, dell does ask many questions,,,,, but just tell them it has something like 20 dead pixles. ^_^

After all, most products they sell have a satisfaction gaurentee or your money back policy... so just say you wern't satisfied.

I WILL NOT close another one of these, vinny77 you will be removed from these forums if you cannot learn to follow the rules - stating your opinion is one thing but your behavior is causing problems

Leave this thread alone if you cannot stick to the topic at hand and be civil

this marks the 3rd email I have gotten concerning you and I would like to watch my DVD in peace

Remove me then wtf are you waiting for, I am not the only one here bitching and moaning

vinny77 said:

Vinny, you're halucinating again. This thread was not made by you. While buying a monitor that cost $80 more is worth it to you, this is not the case for the rest of us especially when the extra $80 tacks on an extra 19% to the price of the monitor.

vinny77 said:
Yeah I still Stand by My post. The only reason I bought a LCD was becouse i could return it to Monitors direct if I didnt like it

So the only reason you buy stuff is to return it? This must be the poor man's way of doing rentals.

vinny77 said:
I also hate how Dell Bombards you with questions if you want to return something. When i returned my 710T to Monitors direct they did not even ask why. they just emailed me the shipping information to send it back.

The reason dell bombards you with questions about a return of your purchase is for quality assurance purposes. Why do you want to return it if there is nothing wrong with it. They keep statistics of these vital questions to serve their customers better. If you buy from dell and there was something wrong with your lcd, they'll take very good care of you and send you a new replacement. Why pay an extra $80 for talking to a customer service agent for an extra couple minutes? Unless you are making $200 / hour at your job, your time isn't money. So if you're directing another person to pay an extra $80 when they might only make minumum wage, that is cruel punishment on your part.

I had apprehensions about getting an LCD as well.. as far as clarity and cost goes but after readin this board I went with the 710t (despite vinny, lol) and it's awesome. I was really blown away by how sharp it is with DVI and with the one game i play, rainbow 6 3, i dont pick up any ghosting.
It's a great deal from dell with the 10% off and free shipping. Shipped from seattle so it only took 2 days from ordering for it to arrive in portland :)

Why is it I had this bad feeling it would turn into another vinny77 etc thread.

Anyway. I bought from MonitorsDirect not because of vinny, whom I didn't pay much attention to, but because I have previously disliked the LCDs that I have experienced. I always found a fair bit of ghosting, didn't think they were as vibrant as my CRT, etc. Thus I really didn't know whether this LCD was _THAT_ much better than the rest I'd seen (it IS, for the record). Peace of mind was worth $80 to me, even though I don't have all that much money.

My apologies to Vinny for wrongfully accusing him for misleading Argher, as there was obviously a past reference and not Vinny's comments at fault.

Back