Yet another 2408WFP saga

the_b_man

Limp Gawd
Got two Dell 2408's (rev A01) and they both have an atrocious blue cast through most of the screen, pinkish at the lower left.
Was looking for 24" displays and wanting to avoid the viewing angle problems of TN panels and got a ridiculously good deal on the Dells.
To put the issue to rest, I'm not a competitive FPS gamer and FWIW, the Dells keep up with single player gaming and for all other purposes have no noticeable lag during normal desktop use. Unless you play online I see no reason to avoid these because of lag provided you get the A01 revision. (They've supposedly reduced lag to ~1 frame but I haven't attempted to confirm this since it's irrelevant to me sinec I find it undectable during normal use)
So the only problem is the colour. It's pretty bad. Playing with settings has no effect.
Considering getting a Spyder 3 pro (the 2 supposedy cannot calibrate wide gamut panels) and seeing what can be done.
If there's any other fixes I'd appreciate hearing them. Thanks :)
All else failing these puppies will go back. They're beautiful looking units I'd really like to keep 'em. If I conquer them I'll be sure to put photos up.

Well I just got mine today and all it wants to do is put itself in "power save mode". When it is on its got a horrible red cast to the screen. Defective all the way! Wooohooo! Now I'm disputing with the idiot I bought it from... fun, fun..!

Back