Yet another 2405fpw review

Here's it short and simple.

The good:
- Bloody sharp
- Very good contrast (I've never ever seen black as black as this :))
- No dead pixels
- Even back light

The not so good:
- Very subtle input lag. You can't see it, even if you have a CRT side by side. But you can feel it. For example, when I tried to use my snappy aim in DoD, I noticed the xhair moved a little bit more than I expected. I hooked up a CRT in clone mode and xhair was snappy on the CRT, but moved a little bit more on the LCD (since it's "catching up").
- Colors are a little on the unsaturated side. But it could just be the fact I used a CRT before this monitor, however, I do notice that the 2001fpw has more saturated colors than the 2405fpw. This is less of an issue after calibration.

Would you consider this bad?
The 2405FPW doesn't support HDCP. Though I don't know how it works or what exactly it does, I do hear when Vista comes out, the monitor won't be able to play DVDs or something in their full glory. Correct me if I am wrong :)

Also does it support HDTV?

IMO, HDCP is just a silly hat.

Did you know some DVDs already come with HDCP? But since nobody has HDCP hardware, manufactures just bypass it...

Get the idea?

And from my understanding, HDTV "support" just requires your device to have enough resolution (1280x720 I think). The 2405fpw can take tons of different inputs, so I don't see why not.

Back