Yes I would buy an Aquaero if?

What factor(s) would induce me to buy an Aqua Computer Aquaero VFD?

• Price drop to $250

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Price drop to $225

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Price drop to $200

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Price drop to $180 or less

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • Include in-line water temp sensor

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Include in-line flow sensor

• Include in-line flow and water temp sensor

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • No way it's way over priced at any price!

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • Not a chance I ain't buying no foreign made stuff

• What's an Aquaero?

Votes: 10 16.1%

• Total voters
Top Nurse said:
So what is the problem with system testing then if what you say is correct? The sum of the parts should equal the whole correct?
Okay. What happens if the system isn't performing well overall. Can you tell me what the problem component is?
Too many variables. Test the blocks and know the charecteristics of the components individually and build from there!

Vertigo Acid said:
Okay. What happens if the system isn't performing well overall. Can you tell me what the problem component is?
Too many variables. Test the blocks and know the charecteristics of the components individually and build from there!

Well that seems reasonable, but as I pointed out at some time you have to put it together into some kind of comprehensive water cooling system. So it just seems better to test watercooling products in their native environment. BTW, if you had an Aquaero you would find it much easier to diagnose any system problems. :cool:

Top Nurse said:
Well that seems reasonable, but as I pointed out at some time you have to put it together into some kind of comprehensive water cooling system.
So you're suggesting testing every single combination of possible wc components instead of just testing the components individually?

Top Nurse said:
Well that seems reasonable, but as I pointed out at some time you have to put it together into some kind of comprehensive water cooling system. So it just seems better to test watercooling products in their native environment. BTW, if you had an Aquaero you would find it much easier to diagnose any system problems. :cool:

Actually you dont have to test a system at all. If you had comprehensive reviews of everything from radiators to waterblocks to pumps you could theoretically figure out what your performance would be by combining them all together. TBH I have toyed around with the idea of trying to take the data from procooling and writing a program to estimate the performance of any configured system. Let you change waterblocks, amount of tubing, pump, radiator etc...

Full system reviews are fine, but only work when comparing full systems. You cant take a system review and then say the XT is better than the 6002 because the full XT system performed better than the full 6002 system that was tested.

Okay people, STFU... Within a couple weeks I'll have completed a (mostly) all Innovatek loop (I'm using AC Aquastream, Aquaero, Pump (Eheim 1046)). I had planned on installing that in a completely new rig but here's what I'm prepared to do...

I'll install it on this rig:
Athlon XP (Barton) 2400+, Gigabyte GA700N Pro2, 1-Gig Corsair XMS Pro, Ultra X-Connect 500 Watt PSU. I've got an extra of each of these, I'll overclock the crap out of each until I let out the blue smoke, plot what point each burns to crap, then post the results. If they are within 5% of eachother can be PLEASE let this crap die? Are you not going to be happy until I show stable results? Let me know what the hell you all need and I'll do it. Just PLEASE let it end!

I'm so friggin tired of this debate I'm willing to smoke a couple of processors that I'm just using on my render farm.

What is it going to take? Do you want a MoBo based overclock? Software based overclock? Just tell me what the hell you want me to do and I'll do it to kill this friggin debate. It's getting old!

I won't be posting in this thread anymore. It has gotten way off the topic of what reasons someone might want to buy an Aquaero. This debate will never end...so I have decided to just let go of the rope. I have a nice computer that I love dearly and it is filled with Aqua Computer gear. I know it will do well because it is better than the Koolance EXOS I am currently running that OC's with the best of them. Some get better and some get worse clocks and it doesn't seem to matter what kind of watercooling gear they got. The same people who are bashing AC gear are the same people who bash Koolance gear and since they were wrong about my EXOS it follows that they are probably wrong about Aqua Computer as it uses the same diameter tubing though it has a more powerful pump...

Top Nurse said:
I won't be posting in this thread anymore. It has gotten way off the topic of what reasons someone might want to buy an Aquaero. This debate will never end...so I have decided to just let go of the rope. I have a nice computer that I love dearly and it is filled with Aqua Computer gear. I know it will do well because it is better than the Koolance EXOS I am currently running that OC's with the best of them. Some get better and some get worse clocks and it doesn't seem to matter what kind of watercooling gear they got. The same people who are bashing AC gear are the same people who bash Koolance gear and since they were wrong about my EXOS it follows that they are probably wrong about Aqua Computer as it uses the same diameter tubing though it has a more powerful pump...

Who was bashing anything? As I recall the discussion was on the best way to measure the performance of a watercooling component or system in a review. There was no bashing of an individual discussion, merely a debate on how to review watercooling gear. It just so happened that the main AC people stubbornly believe that you NEED to have a complete system review, and that is the only real measure of a system.

@BellaCroix : What would you possibly achieve by burning out your processors? The debate had nothing to do with overclocking, simply how to measure waterblock performance in a review.

Overclocking is a poor measure of a watercooling systems overall performance. Many systems dont overclock much better on water than they do on air, some systems work really well on water, and even better on high end water cooling. It is variable for each system and hence is one of, if not the poorest way to measure the performance of a watercooling solution.

PS : TN we are just keeping the debate going so that your lovely poll can get more votes :) As there wasn't much left to say in the aquaero discussion. It was keep this debate going or let the thread and the poll die ;)

I never saw anyone bashing anything either, other than ignorance, which should be clubbed to death where it is discovered, but on a selective basis. Let me explain.

It's simply a case of learning to recognise the difference between those who have the capacity to question their beliefs in the face of overwhelming evidence, and those who simply refuse to believe anything other than that which they have chosen to believe. For the former, these people are worth the effort to attempt to educate. For the latter, these people are simply best ignored and left to their own devices.

There are also those who have chosen a certain path because it suits their desires and goals, and they did so full well knowing and understanding the whole story, and these people should be respected for their chosen path because they are happy with their choice, and really that's what its all about at the end of the day. Funnily enough, these people also do not seem to feel the need to attack all else but their chosen path, and that is perhaps their more admirable quality when they contribute to a forum.

The ignorant who baselessly attack all else, ignoring all evidence and attacking those who present it and the sources of that information, really are just attention whores. That is what fuels their energy. They delight in thinking that they are being controversial and love it when others react to their jibes and attacks.

So to back up BellaCroix's sentiment, this is a plea from me to all those of a reasonable mind-frame, no matter whatever position you hold on the matter, to do the correct thing and deprive those who crave the spotlight and attention of what they desire. Do not respond to their jibes, attacks, and ill-informed statements. The more it is ignored, the less that they will be able to feed from the disturbance it creates, and with any luck this forum can once again turn into something which is productive and pushes forwards the art of water-cooling for all, rather than be a lame set of posts filled with pointless bickering.

Back