Yeong Yang Casper series

Othersider

Gawd
Anyone have experience with the YY Caspers? It seems like a good design, uses a standard mATX PSU unlike the Aria, and comes in a variety of external styles. Some of them even give you the option of an oldfashioned floppy drive or other external 3.5" device, something the Aria doesn't do. Also looks like most of them are usable as either tower or desktop; a nice option.

http://www.yeongyang.com/products/index.htm

Looks like a normal mATX case to me.
Nothing special that sets it apart from other mATX cases that could be set flat or sit up tower style...
I own an Aria myself and I am pleased with it. I plan some interesting cooling mods
and I like the fact that the Aria comes with a nice card reader. Rarely do i use a floppy. SATA installs only...
Nice case but its nothing to compare to the Aria IMO.
If a company would come out with a stubby mATX case with a 120 in the back like the aria, then i would be inpressed.
Shame that funky PS in mine takes up all the room.

I've built a system using an older version of the Casper you linked this one. They are good cases, very sturdy, main problems I had with it was the heatsink choices were limited because I was using a board that placed the heatsink area partly under the drive I had chosen so I couldn't use the heatsink I had planned on (looks like maybe the YY-A210 is a little longer to fix that problem perhaps?) and the other concern was the PSU, at least in the old one I used wasn't very powerful so that case will probably not be easily upgradeable if I ever find myself replacing their older Athlon system. Airflow was not so ideal stock so I ended up adding a second 60mm to the back as well as managed to cram one up front, system overall was a little noisy with all those 60's in there it adds up (then again this wasn't a system I was gonna be using anyway heh, just wanted no problems arising so I made it have better cooling).

There are a bunch of companies making cases in this style now including some that use regular ATX PSU's. Also having used both this case and also assembled Shuttle and Biostar IDEQ systems (gives you the floppy/3.5 bay options) I much prefer the shuttle-style personally, so much less pain involving hardware choices/conflicts but to each his own.

Back