Yellowish Checerboard Problem

Vorplex

n00b
Recently, my ATI Radeon 9800Pro has began messing up in 3d applications. When running games, screensavers, and whatnot, a flickering yellow dotted checkerboard (squares made up of yellowish dots, sometimes other colors) appears on the screen.

I've been having heating issues with my computer recently, and believe it to be linked to that. It, however, still does this now even when I am freshly booted up and dont have a lot of heat built up.

This is _only_ in 3D applications. I can see no trace of it in 2D environments such as windows.

Any suggestions?

sounds like your getting pixel artifacts to me which are a result of the core overheating.

I'f youv got any artic silver you could try appling that to the heatsink after removing the thermal pad that ati uses which can somtimes go hard and cause the problems your having.

Given that such actions would void the warrantee, I'll hold off on doing that until I attempt to RMA it. Thanks for the insight :)

no worries mate, you might wanna check the card in another computer first just incase but i'd say your problem does warrent an RMA, best to check first though just incase.

Back