Yellow liquid / grese inside my new reciever

mista ting

Gawd
what is it can it dmg the receiver? it looks like some yellow grease or liquid is leaking a little bit off the transformer or generator because of heat idk whats its called its a big thing with coils rapped around it and a metal surrounding it .

Are you sure it's not solid? It's common to place some glue on the coils.

yeah, touch it, sounds like the potting compound they dip the transformer in to keep moisture out.

NOTE: unplug appliance B4 poking fingers

Thats definitely not good. I would get in there with some denatured water and hand soap and clean it off. Give everything a nice good wipe down and make sure its clean.

Just kidding.

Thats definitely not good. I would get in there with some denatured water and hand soap and clean it off. Give everything a nice good wipe down and make sure its clean.

Just kidding.

It will cut doown on electrical noise if you wrap it in aluminum foil as well :-D

OK OK, just to be clear...the OP should chuckle at the fun being had at their expense and disregard the last two posts. No offense folks, but the OP clearly is slightly clueless and we don't really want them in the case with water and tinfoil now do we. OP, if the stuff is hard, and it probably is, everything is fine. Put the covers back on and enjoy your setup.

Back