Yellow Cold Cathodes + Future Mod plans (comments please!) :D

FaultySanity

Weaksauce
I noticed that after looking trough the case gallery, i failed to find anyone with yellow cold cathodes. Well, i do, and i was wondering what cha tink of em.

DCP_0571.jpg

DCP_0574.jpg

DCP_0575.jpg

DCP_0577.jpg

Now, in the light my case looks like this:

DCP_0567.jpg

Now...as you can see - not much of my case match (blue, yellow, black, and beige - Yik!)
so here are my plans for my comp:

COMPUTER MOD TASKS:

-Improved Wireing Job
-Hide USB/Power Button/etc wires behind Mobo tray
-Reposition converted to drive bay area?
-Relocate CCFL and GPU Power Cables to an invisable area
-Sleeve mantitory wires?

-PSU Monitor Mod
-Convert PSU monitor to 5.25 to 3.5.
-Scrap fan controller and keep Monitor and PSU fan knob
-Future 4 fan controller will take care of scraped case fan knob
-Paint body black - knob yellow

-Case Painting
-Shell BLACK, inside YELLOW, feet YELLOW, side panel handle YELLOW, Fan Clamps YELLOW

-Monitor Painting
-Back Sheel YELLOW, rest can be left alone

-Speaker Painting
-Main Body BLACK, Grill YELLOW, Volume and power button/knob YELLOW

-Keyboard Painting
-Frame Yellow

-Fan Filter mod
-Drill fan mounting holes for Filters

-Fan LED swap
-replace orange LEDs in exaust fan to yellow

-CPU fan painting
-CPU fan BLADES YELLOW, frame is fine

-CD ROM Painting
-Paint Cover of CDROM YELLOW

Please comment on the future mods or add anything you think i should do for my case!

Thanks in advance!

I'm stickin' to my silver and blue look. silver Case with blue front neon tubes, blue alien fan grills, 2 blue LED fans, one blue CCFL fan, an invisible front black fan, Liquid-lightning looking cathode light, silver monitor, silver speakers, silver keyboard backlit blue with blue backlit gaming pad, silver microsoft mouse with blue streak LED across the whole mouse. I don't know if I posted my updated info in this thread yet, and someone pointed out that my mouse "stuck out like a sore thumb" with the red LED bottom part it. So I went ahead and got a few more things to contribut to the blue-silver-ness, and got the mouse to match. I'll post some pics within a few days. last time, Newegg got my stuff here like 2 days early, hopefully same happens with the stuff I ordered the other day.

Looks nice bro, and guess what...I'll be joining you soon enough.

I'm getting my Lian-Li PC60 (already cut up) powder coated all black (inside and out) on friday.....

Aside from that, I'm replacing the front LED's with yellow 1's.....putting some yellow EL Wire under the case along the bottom edges of the chasis.....and the topper.....putting two or three UV cathodes in the case, which will make all the yellow UV components/slots on my DFI SLI-DR glow nice 'n yellow.

Aside from the UV there's going to be NO led's in the case.....so it'll be quite dramatic. :cool:

Just wanted to chime in and say you're not the only one wanting to/going yellow....I've recently taken a liking to the look, and my LiLi is gonna be all black with yellow lighting and UV on teh board...

Looks pretty good. I have the same case, only mine is silver and lacking any kind of colored tubing. Also im diggin the retro wood paneling and white wall there, what is that concrete?

mlinz said:
Looks pretty good. I have the same case, only mine is silver and lacking any kind of colored tubing. Also im diggin the retro wood paneling and white wall there, what is that concrete?

Yeah, concrete - and let me tell you. It makes the whole room really freakin' cold :D

If you look in my worklog for my microwave case, it shows a pic of me holding some PSU wires...check out how purple my hands are :D

heh i used to have yellow cathodes on my old case. frozencpu was the only place i could find them at the time (back in like late 2002)

mxpxrulzz said:
heh i used to have yellow cathodes on my old case. frozencpu was the only place i could find them at the time (back in like late 2002)

And now they're everywhere....funny how the first time I see a lot of stuff is over at FCPU.....

Back