• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

year wont change 2081

Sparky

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 9, 2000
Messages
3,371
A customer laptop came in today. IE showed expired certificates when opening, I noticed the date was fine but the year was set to 2081. I booted into the bios and set the correct year. Booted back into Win 8.1 and year is 2081. Tried to sync it with windows.time and the other ones but it error every time.
He said it started after updating to the new firefox.
 
I'd say pull the cmos battery and give it time to discharge. If that no go maybe a bios update? But on a laptop that may be a real pita.
 
Just manually change the time in Windows. That sync bullshit hardly ever works anyway.
 
One of the first things I do when installing Windows is changing the time sync server from the default Microsoft ones to one of the NIST ones. A list of the servers available and their status is available here.
http://tf.nist.gov/tf-cgi/servers.cgi

I've never had an issue with syncing system time to one of these, unless the server itself goes down.
 
Also, I've noticed for the time syncing that it won't work if your time isn't close to the real time. So manually set the time to close to what it really is (I think only year really matters tbh) then try to sync.
 
Back
Top