yeah, i just lost the ability to burn DVDs on my computer :(

hordak

Limp Gawd
first, nero 6.6 says i need to install "burnrights" cause i don't have administrator privileges, and so I uninstalled it and tried nero 9 and got the same problem.

so i installed two different dvd recording programs, CDBurnerXP and Infrarecorder, both of which can't detect my dvd burners.and now i just notice that dvd decrypter can't find them either.

I have two burners, one SATA and one IDE which was working fine as of yesterday and now for some unknown reason, i can't burn anything. I can still use them to read data, AND still burn a music cd with itunes. weird huh?

i was recently hit with the trojan.vundo.h virus but i don't think that's the culprit.

i can read data, i just can't burn it. i just found a microsoft support page where i can sorta fix the problem. apparently in the registry, the ability to record has been removed in both drives. i enabled cd writing now, and i can detect the drives with cd burner xp.

however it does't detect any blank media. and if i click on properties on the dvd writers and go to the recording tab and check "enable cd recording on this drive", if i enable it on one drive, on the other drive, it unchecks itself.

WTF?

also i can't eject any of the drives through windows.

2n21cbb.jpg

Back