YAY!!! I just landed a plane for the first time!!!

first?

F-15 Strike Eagle on the C64

Best?
Aces Of The Pacific.

I spent an entire summer playing that on our 386.

I played through every service, as a bomber & as a fighter.

Originally posted by oqvist
LOL that sucks doesn´t it ;)

What control method did you use? A good joystick is what makes IL 2 shine. Without that IL 2 is indeed very hard even on arcade settings.

But with joystick and with weapons doing 3 times damage it becomes really easy. Especially if you enabled unlimited ammo :)

I have a joystick, I guess its kinda sucky or I'm a moron with it. Probably the latter. It's a Saitek Cyborg 3D force...
cyborg-force.jpg

Originally posted by viper11885

The only problem with these games is that I don' t know how to do the navigation :D. I did the training and had someone teach me online, but I can't seem to figure it out on my own :p Maybe I'm just flying-illiterate :D.. haha. Because of this, it has been the main reason of why I stopped playing these games. I'm interested in flying to different airports, but not understand how to navigate to it defeats the purpose :D

In FS2k2 and 2k4, GPS navigation has really become great. Especially in 2k4. You choose your destination, choose to nav by GPS, and your autopilot will take you the whole way. Or, fly manually using the map as a visual clue.

I'll still fly with VORs from time to time, but usually I just use GPS.

Back