Yay, another problem arises.

duncandun

Limp Gawd
Hello again my [H]ard friends. Another problem arises! Alas, my system is doing very well. (besides my memory being clocked at 333ddr) My new problem!

SOUND.

My Asus a8n SLI Premium motherboard has onboard AC97 sound, The drivers were installed, Even have a nifty(or not, in some cases) mixer. The problem!

I can >BARELY< hear it, i was running farcry to test out the performance, I could not get any sound once i started playing, I can >BARELY< hear the sniper rifle when i shoot it ingame, I mean it wouldent even pass as a very quiet whisper. What i hear is the bass in my sennheiser 485 headphones, when i shoot it. Also, while in the mixer, Using the 3d sound testing, i only hear sound when the "3dsound object" passes to the left or right and slightly behind.
Also, when doing the speaker layout in the mixer, when i plug my headphones into the green jack(or the line in jack, for tha tmatter) i don't hear sound with the 'headphone" Profile selected, only with the 2.0-8.0 speaker setup...

Does anyone have any idea what this could be? I was thinking maybe it was the Nforce4 (audio???) drivers that were installed when i was doing the chipset update. (There were 3 selections, the chipset update, audio(i think?) and the ide drivers, i dident do the ide drivers because i read they really sucked)

If anyone has any idea what could be the problem, I'd much appreciate some kind of help! Till then, i will continue troubleshooting the problem, but i'm on the verge of pulling out my hair at this point:)

Back