Yamaha HTR series receiver remotes - do they use the same hex codes?

cyclone3d

[H]F Junkie
A couple days ago I picked up a used Yamaha HTR-5860 receiver for cheap. It didn't come with the original remote.

Looking at prices for an original remote and I am not wanting to pay $30+ for a used/beat up remote. RAV252 is the model number.

I can get a brand new RAV315 remote which is for a newer model for about $8. I know it probably won't work directly.. at least without setting it up as a secondary device on the remote. In fact, I am not even interested in using it for anything but grabbing the codes to train a Logitech Harmony One remote.

Anybody know if the same functions on the different Yamaha receiver remotes use the same codes?

I haven't been able to find any information on it, but I see no reason why Yamaha would switch up codes for no apparent reason.

Edit: here is some info. Looks Like I may be able to get most of the needed codes form this site.
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-master/thread.cgi?7427

Dumb that I have to have a remote to program the speaker setup on this thing. Other than that, it is a huge upgrade from the Sony receiver I had been using.

Last edited:
I have 2 Yamaha receivers that are 6 years apart(2010 and 2016). Their remotes are interchangeable.
If you are using a Harmony remote, Logitech most likely already has the Function codes in their database. I also have several Harmony remotes..

I have 2 Yamaha receivers that are 6 years apart(2010 and 2016). Their remotes are interchangeable.
If you are using a Harmony remote, Logitech most likely already has the Function codes in their database. I also have several Harmony remotes..

Thanks! That is really good to know. I couldn't find any information specifically about that.

Back