Yamaha 5.1 Surround Speaker system $88 @ Fry's

faudau

Limp Gawd
I just picked this set up yesterday. They are awesome for the price! the model is NS-SP1800BL.

Great reviews and my own short experience with them has been great.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yep, this is a great set for the money. I bought one to go with my Yamaha RX-V473 a few months ago.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Max power is 100W. Too small from my Denon 1613. :(

Denon 1613 8ohm output is 5x75w. You'd be fine. I've got the older variant of this Yamaha set hooked up to a Technics (Panasonic) 5.1 that does 5x100w at 8ohm...no problems for about a decade now. I'll buy nothing but Yamaha speakers from now on.

Thanks man, my Receiver just went out last week waiting for the new one and was going to by the rebradned energy set for 250.00 but I will get these for half the price to replace my 10 year old sonys. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I highly doubt you ever listen to your receiver with it blasting 100W per channel.

100W in a house is RIDICULOUSLY loud, let alone 100W per speaker.

Regardless of whether or not you do subject yourself to ear damaging levels of sound, your receiver doesn't output more than 75W at 8 ohm speaker loads.

I highly doubt you ever listen to your receiver with it blasting 100W per channel.

100W in a house is RIDICULOUSLY loud, let alone 100W per speaker.

Regardless of whether or not you do subject yourself to ear damaging levels of sound, your receiver doesn't output more than 75W at 8 ohm speaker loads.

Yup X2

Good deal on a better 5.1 than a similar let's say logitech 5.1.

Yeah I believe I'm about to pull the trigger on these as my current speaker setup is over 10 years old.

*EDIT* Yeah I pulled the trigger - too good a deal to pass up.

Last edited:
I currently use a crappy home theater in a box, but I really don't have any complaints about it.
This looks like a great deal especially with not having to pay tax through amazon and 2 day shipping, but am I correct in thinking that these will do no good if I don't have a receiver?

I currently use a crappy home theater in a box, but I really don't have any complaints about it.
This looks like a great deal especially with not having to pay tax through amazon and 2 day shipping, but am I correct in thinking that these will do no good if I don't have a receiver?

Yeah you'll need a receiver to hook them up to.

You will be surprised if you knew how much power your receiver really puts out when all channels are driven. You are more capable of damaging a speaker for lack of power causing distortion than the opposite. ;)

Back