• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Y-fitting instead of T-fitting?

Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
641
For my second watercooling PC I want to not have a reservoir.

I know the common thing is use T-fitting but aquatuning does not have T connector for my 11.1mm ID tubing, they actually have PVC 10mm that should work with hose clamps or zip ties but I'm worried risk of leaks.

I did find metal Brass Nickel Y-fitting 13mm so once warming the tube it will fit nice and with zip tie will be really well sealed.

Question: Is there any reason to not use a Y fitting 13mm Brass isntead of a T-fitting which I don't find?

The 10mm PVC T: http://www.aquatuning.de/product_in...---T-tubing-connector-UV-red--High-Flow-.html

4029_0.jpg


The 13mm Brass Y: http://www.aquatuning.de/product_in...-connector---Brass---black-nickel-plated.html

7129_0.jpg
 
Answer: No.

Do what works for you.

This.

I'm personally using a nylon Y fitting instead of a T, as I put a hole for a fill port right in front of my top mounted rad. About half way between the rad and the pump i put the Y fitting and connected them all up. Worked great.
 
Seems to me that makes sense to have the "arms" going to Radiator and Fillport, then the "1leg" to pump.

Or can I choose as I wish which connection to put on pump?
 
I wouldn't connect the fill port to the "1leg". Otherwise you'll end up with a 120deg bend with water flow. It may not affect flow much, but straighter the better.
 
I think I will have one of the "arms" to radiator, the other will be the filling tube that is sealed when system is bled.

the "1leg" will go to pump.

Orange is rad, red is pump, green is tubing and the brown dot is where it is sealed with fillport plug on tube.

 
What do you guys think about that 10mm T-line?

My tubing has ID 11.1mm, according webshop I can use ID 11mm with additional fixation (hose clamps or zip ties).

I usually tighten my tubes with zip ties.
 
Back
Top