XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 Universal CPU Water Cooling Kit for $130

I'd get this if my H50 with Push-Pull config didn't keep my 4ghz i7 under 63 degrees at all times...

That is fairly inexpensive, the rs120 series of radiators perform
Roughly about 10 percent below the mcr series of radiators on the low end (watts dissipated). (source:martins liquid lab)
A hell of a bargain...

Last edited:
I'd get this if my H50 with Push-Pull config didn't keep my 4ghz i7 under 63 degrees at all times...

I'd like to see a comparison tests done between these two.

XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 looks like a great set up. Doesn't seem that much more expensive than a Corsair H70 either. Need some well documented comparisons to see which is better.

It's encouraging that the pump is high quality and equivalent to the MCP655 pump as seen here:

http://www.pureoverclock.com/review.php?id=889&page=8

The Dual bay reservoir is really clean.

Radiator has also gotten good reviews, and so has the waterblock. This will do much better than an H50 or H70. If you got a tight fitting case however I'd still go with the H50 or H70.

Very tempted to get in on this.

I can't speak for the rest of the kit, but the XSPC Rasa block is a great performer for the price.

I have the that dual bay res/pump. Not using it in my current rig, but it was excellent while I ran it.

Nice combo deal.

This is really an exceptional deal for what you get. 240 rad, good performing waterblock, pump/res, a couple of fans, tim, plus barbs and hose. A good little kit for anyone wanting to try watercooling on the cheap.

I wonder if this will be better than my Prolimatech with Push+Pull fan config?

any reviews on this? I kinda get the feeling my Ven X will perform a bit better from the what I've seen on overclock.net http://www.overclock.net/water-cooling/840615-xspc-rasa-750-rs240-faq-review.html

This will definitely be better than a Ven X (I have one as well)

According to your sig, you have an Intel i7 930, which will run hotter than the one in the review as it is AMD.

The nicer thing about this is that you can add things such as another rad or gpu cooling.

What temp do you get with your Ven x?

What temp do you get with your Ven x?

under prime 95 small fft's I don't go above 68c on the hottest core. The rest are in the mid to low 60's.

I doubt a 240mm rad can beat that by more than 1-2c. I got my Ven X for $40.

under prime 95 small fft's I don't go above 68c on the hottest core. The rest are in the mid to low 60's.

I doubt a 240mm rad can beat that by more than 1-2c. I got my Ven X for $40.

Actually yes it will. My current computer does have a Ven X, but my other computer in a different location (same cpu and motherboard, different ram and gpu) does have a custom 240mm rad only to cpu. It is not the same as this one, but similar with the only difference the cpu block and pump

When overclocked the same setting and same voltage, my Ven X goes 71C on Intel Burn Test (hotter test than prime95). On my watercooled setup, the max temp is 59C. Ambient temperature is actually higher on watercooled setup so expect it slightly lower if Ambient temperature is the same.

If this was a H50 or H70, then I wouldnt expect that much difference in temperature. (single rad)

On my watercooled setup, the max temp is 59C. Ambient temperature is actually higher on watercooled setup so expect it slightly lower if Ambient temperature is the same.

impressive temps on that lopp. What CPU, temps and volts are you running?

I picked up a zalman reserator 1 v2 for cheap and hooked up a 2x120 swiftech rad to it and it was maxing out at 72c so that's why I am a little hesitant to believe this kit could do 20c less. I know the zalman block isn't the best but its not 20c worse then this block.

impressive temps on that lopp. What CPU, temps and volts are you running?

I picked up a zalman reserator 1 v2 for cheap and hooked up a 2x120 swiftech rad to it and it was maxing out at 72c so that's why I am a little hesitant to believe this kit could do 20c less. I know the zalman block isn't the best but its not 20c worse then this block.

Cant check my watercooled one since im nowhere near it, but it should be running at 4.0GHz with 1.25V (i7 920). When I clock it to 4.2GHz, then I start reaching high 60 to low 70.

Back