XSPC ball valve problem

magda

2[H]4U
I got a couple of 1/4" ball valve from XSPC and Im having some leaking problem

The fitting is torqued with a wrench not by hand and it is as far as it goes. but as you can see, the oring doesnt look like it is tight enough.
20190302_123126.jpg

I didnt have problems with these fittings before...

Has any of you have some insight about using these valves?

Is it he valve leaking or the fitting, not clear.

Valves aren't made to be torqued, and if you did, then you probably destroyed the seat.

Fittings can be overtorqued as well. If it had an o-ring or ferrule, you can crush them too much and cause them to leak. If they don't and aren't a flared fitting, then they need a sealing agent (telfon tape) to seal.

If it wasn't overtorque, which I'm not accusing... then pull it back apart and make sure the o-ring or ferrule is seated properly and even, that it's not nicked or cut, and there's no dirt or anything.

*edit* also make sure your using the correct fitting. It's easy to cross thread a 1/4" into something like a 6mm.

Last edited:
Reactions: magda
like this
These fittings work well in the cpu, gpu and radiator. ive just tested them.

Its leaking between the valve and fitting. If fittings are alright, could be the seat of the valve. or maybe these valves are best used with another type of fitting

It is not NPT (Conical) thread so teflon tape doesnt work. These BSPP (parallel) fittings use orings. But heck, maybe I should just use some teflon

It should work well with hand tightening, it didnt so I torqued it a little bit more with some wrenches. nothing estreme. Still no good.

Turns out the fitting thread didnt male enough contact with the valve. a thicker oring fixed the problem

Back