• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

xqpack build

R3d

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 3, 2006
Messages
271
hey guys i just built this system for a friend of mine

amd64 3700
asus a8n vm/csm
xqpack
gig of corsair
250gb sata2 WD drive
pioneer dvdrw

my question is.. when i do some windows updates the system starts randomly rebooting.. i have xp sp2 installed.. when i do a rollback on the hotfixes(thanks to erd commander) the random restarts are no more..

is there any known issues with the sata2 drivers and this mobo? or anyone have any ideas about what might be causing it to restart?
 
I thought I recalled that ASUS board having some troubles...do you have another set up you can just plug the HD into?
 
ya i have my main one.. tried that already drive is fine..
 
its either mobo or the crappy PSU that comes with the qpack. My guess mobo :( sorry man

I would try narrowing down components though by changing them out to see what happens. Maybe even try plugging the sata cable in a different spot
 
i swapped out the psu and ran prime and memtest all tested out fine.. blah i hate comps some days..
 
well, looks like you narrowed it to the mobo.

I might suggest a different one such as the MSI's see www.sffclub.com mobo section for a list of all AMD mobos
 
I have almost the same exact system as yours, and mine randomly reboots too. Sometimes it will go for days without rebooting, sometimes only hours. I tried updating the BIOS, but that didn't really help. Sadly, I have gotten used to it.
 
Back
Top