XPS M1210 gaming performance

zacas

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
222
hi all,

i travel for work and don't want to lug around a big laptop ... so i was wondering how the dell M1210 does gaming wise ...

specifically dawn of war series, company of heroes, day of defeat/counter strike source...


i would probably get these options on the laptop:
vista home premium
2 gigs of ram
t7200 core duo 2 (maybe t7400)
7200rpm harddrive
niv 7400 video card ...

thanks
 
I specifically run HL2 and CS:S on my 1210 with no problems at all. I consistenly get 40-60 and above fps in my opinion. I haven't run fraps to make sure but eyeing it that's what i'm almost sure i'm getting. Everything is maxxed in CS:S but I don't run with HDR.

I installed stalker over the weekend and it runs well at about medium to medium / high settings. I hate gaming at under 35-40 fps so take that as you will.

All games I run at 1280x800. Little or no AA.

Specs: Core2Duo 2 gig / 1 gig ram / Geforce Go 7400.

I imagine with another gig of ram i'd get even better performance and will upgrade sometime in the near future.

I just bought mine 3 weeks before christmas and have been happily surprised with it.
 
For new games like Stalker you really, REALLY need more than one gig. Company of heroes, I would think, is the only game you listed which would need 2 gigs though it will run ok with 1.
 
Back
Top