XPS 630?

So, dell has an advertisement on their website that they are releasing an XPS 630 in the near future. does anybody have any idea what the system will be and what "level" hardware it will have? just curious

i will stick to my diy pc anyday over a dell, i was just curious. does it have the same guts as the 720?

the only pre-built desktop worth getting is the new xps1 or whatever that "all in one" thing is...and that is more for the novelty/smaller package solution.

i saw that XPS at best buy the other day, it's a really sharp looking all-in-one although i personally would never have one of those things..

it depends on ur budget. maybe a basic 720 is cheaper/better than a 3rd tier 630.

as long as they dont try and push the ddr3 too much, anyone know if this will be the case?

IMHO I think that looks better than the XPS 720. Also did anyone notice they used an ATX format instead of BTX this time around?

that looks pretty much like the 720 cept the front is changed. You could already add the side panel as an added feature for like $150 or $200

that looks pretty much like the 720 cept the front is changed. You could already add the side panel as an added feature for like $150 or $200

yeah but the front of a computer is pretty much a huge part of the aesthetics of a case and the 720 looked very mililtary'ish which i guess appeals to some but i personally didn't much like it

yeah but the front of a computer is pretty much a huge part of the aesthetics of a case and the 720 looked very mililtary'ish which i guess appeals to some but i personally didn't much like it

that's true, I saw alot of the only complaints about the 720 is that the front is really flimsy.

I put myself on the mailing list, because I'm mostly curious about specs and pricing. If it's a better deal than the upper trims for the XPS 420, I think it would be nicer (I like the styling).

wow, that is a realllyyy good deal. Does anyone know if it's selling cheap because it just came out? Because u can get configure to quad core, 3 gig 800ghz memory, and 8800 GTX for like 1700. That's cheaper than pretty much all the known boutiques out there.

Do these have the same overclocking options that most aftermarket motherboards do?

It's about friggin' time. The other question is do they still limit the memory in their BIOS to 667MHz?

DDR2 800 up to 4gb .. Id just wait for hte 730 should be a nforce 7 board with ddr3 800.. but i dont like prebuilts.

yes oc is an option on the 630i, as far as what options i dont know.. i have not had a chance to play with it, but im assuimg its will be close if not the same as the 720 h2c syste as far as oc options go.

Back