XPS 400 PSU

JacobC1983

2[H]4U
Are there any PSU's that will fit into a Dell XPS 400 case?

Dell sucks with their proprietary form factors with their PSUs, mobos etc-- dell sucks
but I am stuck with it - so need to upgrade power supply

I need a PSU with hopefully 500+ watts maybe 450+ will be ok
I would much rather spend a little more for a nice power supply than get a cheapy that will burn my system.. 500 watts from a cheap power supply is worse than 400 watts from a well made power supply so I have read...

running x1950pro and 3 HDs
so need more power for sure

any help will be greatly appreciated!!

So nobody here has any idea?? I know somebody out there has upgraded a power supply in a Dell XPS 400

help!

JacobC1983 said:
So nobody here has any idea?? I know somebody out there has upgraded a power supply in a Dell XPS 400

help!

I have not pulled an XPS 400 PSU so I don't know it's dimensions....do you have them so we can see what size it is?

I see that they have some that fit into dells

but unfortunately one does not say to fit the xps 400... damnit!

I will probably give them a call within the next week after xmas just to make sure..

until then.. anybody else have any ideas?

PC P&C is the only third party manfacture that makes Dell PSUs. You can call Dell and ask for a more powerful one...but I'd just call PC P&C and ask them about it, they will help you.

Riddlinkidstoner said:
PC P&C is the only third party manfacture that makes Dell PSUs. You can call Dell and ask for a more powerful one...but I'd just call PC P&C and ask them about it, they will help you.

Not exactly. Lite-on makes Dell PSU's as well....and any of the standard ATX spec Dell's will take a standard ATX PSU.

Some of the XPS power supplies are very different than regular ATX power supplies... I've only worked on a few of them and they had two motherboard power connectors (looked like ATX 20/24 pin connectors, but I am not sure exactly how many they had or if they were keyed differently)

Also I think I remember it having something different for the PCI-E connector but maybe it was just one of those adapters like they use for the SATA power connectors (the 6 or 8 pin connector on the PSU that can be connected to an adapter with SATA power connectors at the other end)

been awhile, can't remember clearly.

JacobC1983 said:
but I think the Dell XPS 400 is a BTX case?

That is the case cooling cooling factor not the PSU formfactor. DO you have any information on the PSU currently in the system?

Back