xplotter restart plotting?

mkrohn

2[H]4U
I have quite a few plots partially made but for whatever reasons never completed. when I run xplotter from command line it plots at 1600 nonces/min but if I use the AIO it plots 10x that speed. What am I doing wrong here for plotting? its a 2670V1 8 core.

Make sure you're using the _AVX one and not the _SSE one.

Also, make sure you're using enough threads. That's an 8c/16t, so you should be able to use 14 threads or so while still keeping the computer somewhat responsive. Make sure you use "-t 14" in the command line.

Like an idiot I used -t14 instead of -t 14 so it was only using one core! I coded something to quickly loop through all of directories and run the plotter on all of my plots to verify all of them are complete. I apparently have quite a few that weren't done. Hopefully when I get off of work it'll be all caught up. I think some more drives are coming today I'll have to check.

FWIW if you have some fast ssd's you can use splotter to plot to ssd's then move to hdd while plotting the next file to ssd. This avoids the whole turning grey thing/waiting on hard drive. I did it with 200GB plots and it takes my 8tb about 2 seconds longer to read because of it.

I just grabbed splotter last night and started using that. I have a 1tb SSD so I can go a bit larger. I'm already coding something in visual studio for customizing my plotting needs but just the fact that it has the batch mode and move built in it should help a lot.

Back