XP333-R NB Heatsink.

KraQ

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 27, 2003
Messages
118
Hey guys I have a dead IWill XP333-R sitting here and I was wondering, if I were to take the active heatsink off the northbridge and put it on my DFI Infinity would it make any difference? The infinity uses a aluminum passive heatsink whereas this is a aluminum active heatsink, albiet it is no Iceberq or anything, but would it work better than the one currently on the mobo?
 
Yes it would perform better. Or you could put some AS5 under your current NB hs and rig a quiet 60mm fan on it.
 
I'd just remount your current heatsink. Odds are it performs just fine.

If it really is getting that hot, slap a fan on top of the current heatsink.
 
ew, i hated my iwill xp-333r wish i would have never bought it, i sold it for $30 like 1.5 years ago.
 
I hated mine too. I never used it for any length of time because it was such a POS. I've got it in the box in my closet still; will probably never use it again.
And the northbridge cooler on that thing is a POS too. Little piece of Al plate with little fins around the circumference. Nothing else. There is no surface area on it. And a crapload of paint too. Don't use it.
 
Had one too, hated it! The only concern I would have is that the NB fan on the 333-R is notorious for being DOA or randomly deciding not to work.
 
LOL thanks guy, I scrapped the idea. I was ordering some new cooling stuff today and decided that I would give the iceberq a try (it was only $6). I tried putting AS3 on it, but I think my main problem is airflow in that area of my case. I have a Lian-Li PC-7 (like a pc-65, with less features) and it only has 2 intake fans and one exhaust fan for now until I can do my blowhole in the top of the case.
 
Back
Top