• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Xp2600 Barton@200FSB?

Justshoe

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 14, 2005
Messages
137
Current setup is a locked XP2600 Barton. I just cannot get stable at 200fsb. Right now im at 198 which ends up being 199about according to cpuz. Im running Abit NF7sv2, 512 Geil Value series DDR400 3-3-3-7 now at 2.7v, ultra xconnect 500w, ati 9500, Vcore is 1.9 currently but what i find odd is that i am very very stable with this 12+hours of prime and its had 8+hours of Toast. But right when i goto set it to 200fsb i get windows lock ups almost immediately of startup/loading of windows...any ideas why? Im nearly there already why doin this? any help is apperciated.
 
Having you tried going higher then 1.875 volts? You know not ever CPU will overlclock the same.
 
Im doing 198 at 1.9vcore but cpuz shows as 1.87 i think abit undervolts big time but anyway.how high can i go on vcore safely in attempt for the 200fsb i just dont see because im so close to 200 why such a big stability issue for 2mhz
 
shoe, i have this same problem on my board.
i can boot into windows run games for hours at anything above 190+, but runnin prime 95 will always give me rounding errors, after so much time, ( sometimes a few minutes, sometimes a few hours.)( nf7-s) At 200, i stop booting. I use to actually cap at about 190, i started trying custom bios, that boosted me that last little bit, but as soon as I hit 200 ( locked multiplier at 13 ) to hit 2600mhz, i become extremely unstable. I assume it just my proc, some people got lucky with good chips, some people didnt. I currently run at 190 X 13, prime95 gives me 0 errors after days of running.

edit - this post got me thinking, i havent actually tried doing 200 in a few months ( just got a new PSU the other day, and using a newer custom bios since i last tried ) I rebooted after posting this, set to 200 fsb, at 1.8 volts, booted into windows without a problem . Running prime95 to test for the moment see how long it will take to error, even though in bios it said 1.8, cpuid shows the chip is getting 1.728 but so far stable. Do you run a custom bios for your board? or an abit release?
 
Yea i fiddled around today. I am using D26manta ray bios which is nice.Right now i am totally prime stable at 198x11.5 with 1.875vcore which is actually at 1.85 cause i think nf7s undervolts big time. But im totally stable. If i go to 200, right when i get into windows i lock up. Ive also noticed that i never get errors in prime i just lockup. Same when i toast it just locks up. I really dont know why it makes such a big diff with such little overclock more. Im wondering if it has anything to do with ram/ram timings i really dont know but its bothering me lol.Also i tried upping vcore all that way to 1.975 but i actually seem more unstable at a higher vcore. Even if right now i up it to 1.975@198x11.5 i get unstable. Also my temps are way low to which is making me wonder. I consistently idle at 37-38 and with prime im at about 45-46 generally game running is 41ish. I have SI-97a with Panaflo 90mm high cfm high speed fan. I know on my old 2400+that was unlocked when i went with alil overclock my temps shot up realy high real quick. but i also just had a thermaltake tr2-m2 without as5 on it so idk
 
Back
Top