• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

XP120 or XP90c?

lithium726

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
8,195
im trying to decode between these two coolers - my zalman just isnt doing hte job anymore since i got the X2, runs too damn hot. since i havent looked at coolers in a long time, im kinda lost, and ive gathered that these two are the best you can get. which one would you jump for? what kind of fan would you put on it?

currently, all the fans in my computer are <21db, and id like to keep it that way. im leaning towards the 120, should i lean the other way? is the SI-120 any better than teh XP? i know the XP will fit my board, so thats not an issue.

is the 90c too heavy for its own good? is it going to rip my board apart? :p

system specs in sig :)
 
The XP-120 will be more quiet with the same amount of airflow and weigh less.
The XP-90C will transfer heat better and probably get better temps, but weighs alot.

Those are the primary differences. Oh, and the XP-120 is a BEAST, size wise...where as the XP-90C might be more universally compatible. I liked mine, but since I don't need it she's gettin' sold. :)
 
I hear the 120 is a bit overkill for AMD systems...I would say go with the 90.

But keep in mind i have no first hand experience, only what Ive heard.
 
tsuehpsyde said:
The XP-120 will be more quiet with the same amount of airflow and weigh less.
The XP-90C will transfer heat better and probably get better temps, but weighs alot.

Those are the primary differences. Oh, and the XP-120 is a BEAST, size wise...where as the XP-90C might be more universally compatible. I liked mine, but since I don't need it she's gettin' sold. :)
YHPM

I hear the 120 is a bit overkill for AMD systems...I would say go with the 90.

But keep in mind i have no first hand experience, only what Ive heard.
considering the X2's are rated for 110w, not anymore
 
lithium726 said:
considering the X2's are rated for 110w, not anymore
Oh really? I wasnt aware that they gave off more heat, or enough that it mattered anyways. What is a Single core rated for?
 
HighwayAssassins said:
Oh really? I wasnt aware that they gave off more heat, or enough that it mattered anyways. What is a Single core rated for?
90nm single cores are rated for 60 something W i beleive. 130nm singles were 89w

4400, 4600, 4800 are 110w
3800 and 4200 are 89w
FX series is 110w
 
Back
Top