XP Won't Boot Now..

emkos

n00b
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
6
How's it going everybody

Alright here is my problem, I recently installed SP2 and I was having problems with it, it wouldnt let me install and graphic card drivers and it wouldnt pick up any standard vga drivers or my monitor, and there was a "!" next to something called like "SiS AGP Controller" (something along those lines) but thats a whole diffrent porblem after I clicked that and I believe I changed it to Automatic on accident then I restarted and It loads all the way up to the XP loading screen, and "HOME Edition" is gone and it just goes to a blank black screen right after it loads, anyone know what this could be? ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED! :(
 
emkos said:
and "HOME Edition" is gone and it just goes to a blank black screen right after it loads, anyone know what this could be? ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED! :(
The "Home Edition" being gone is not a problem. None of the Windows versions have that anymore as of SP2.

Have you tried Safe Mode already? Just press F8 while the computer is booting, and it will take you to a menu to choose safe mode. If it works, just fiddle around with whatever you changed, and see if you can boot normally.
 
I just tried it again and I can't boot into Safe Mode, only thing I can pull up while pressing F8 is the blue window asking what device I want to boot from :(
 
Back
Top