XP: What happens after the 30 days?

CrimandEvil

Dick with a heart of gold
I was just wondering what happens after the 30 day limit is up? I was told that XP "downgrades" itself.

I don't think it will let you into XP after that. I think it forces registration on you until you register it.

xp disables itself and wont let you log on at boot. It then prompts you to register. You cant access the os until you register.

If the time/date is wrong in your bios and you install xp, setting the correct time in windows will expire the 30 day period instantly. This occurs even if you installed the os 30 seconds ago, let alone 30 days. Something to be aware of.

I thought it involved black helicopters and shadowy figures with night vision goggles. That's disappointing.

Originally posted by ZenPirate
I thought it involved black helicopters and shadowy figures with night vision goggles.

Now, that I would like to see. :D :D

requires you to activate, you are not forced to register

Originally posted by MaxHardcore
xp disables itself and wont let you log on at boot. It then prompts you to register. You cant access the os until you register.

If the time/date is wrong in your bios and you install xp, setting the correct time in windows will expire the 30 day period instantly. This occurs even if you installed the os 30 seconds ago, let alone 30 days. Something to be aware of.

Once you log-in, XP asks you to activate. If you don't, it just logs you back out.

Back