XP - Wake from Standby using USB gamepad?

unfortunateson

Limp Gawd
I have a USB Logitech Wireless Rumblepad 2 game controller, and want to know if I can use it to turn on the computer from standby. I can resume my PC with both my usb keyboard and mouse, is it at all feasible to get this working with my gamepad?

I never could get it to work on mine with the wireless rumblepad and XP. I'll try Vista64 and see.

I don't think a gamepad is a USB wakeup event from any BIOS controlled sleep. Many Windows-compatible remote controls do keypress emulation for compatibility with default keystrokes in applications. There are some really tiny ones and if you have the keyboard as a wakeup event, that should work. I have one of these, but I don't use it for wake up (yet): http://www.xpcgear.com/guir01bk.html

It has nothing to do with ExpressCard except that it's small enough to fit in the slot for storage. It comes with a USB receiver.

I have already tried emulating the keyboard space bar, enter and mouse click with xpadder, but that doesn't wake the system from standby.

Because that remapping is done in software when the OS is running. :p In S3 mode the OS is suspended.

Back