XP Themes for SP3

Cyclone187

Supreme [H]ardness
So with upgrading to Sp3, my hacked uxtheme.dll doesn't seem to work anymore and my patcher doesn't work either. Anyone have any suggestions for installing third party themes?

With a little googling, you can find the uxtheme.dll for SP3. I don't use any patching utilities though, as I prefer to replace mine from the recovery console (installed locally or course). I'm not having any issues using any of the themes I've gotten from Neowin.

Worked well.

I used a program called Replacer to replace the file. Didn't feel like pulling out the XP disc, all that good stuff.

With a little googling, you can find the uxtheme.dll for SP3. I don't use any patching utilities though, as I prefer to replace mine from the recovery console (installed locally or course). I'm not having any issues using any of the themes I've gotten from Neowin.

I just recently installed this theme:

http://oddbasket.deviantart.com/art/Royale-Remixed-44294818

Pretty damn nice.

I stayed away from the hacked uxtheme.dll for ages but decided what the hell because I liked that theme.

i actually went to sp3, and my previous theme (which was a .msstyles aero theme) continued working lol

Back