XP Tablet 2005, old IDE hard drive, not recognizing hdd

tgabe213

2[H]4U
Trying to do a fresh install for someone on his Gateway Tablet (CX2610). Once the XP setup disc loads, it says it can't find any hard drives to install to. The laptop boots find to the hard drive and loads windows, and the BIOS detects it too. Do I need to install additional drivers? How can I do it without a floppy drive? Slipstream them into the OS disc? nlite? Never done it before, and I don't know what drivers I need.

Thanks!

In the bios, you can select an option that says "OS install ---> enabled/Disabled" usually near the bottom of the page.

I found what appears to be the SATA drivers needed. How easy is it to integrate the drivers into the OS iso?

Nlite is asking for an Inf file for the hard drive drivers. I downloaded an exe. How can I get the inf files needed?

Nlite is asking for an Inf file for the hard drive drivers. I downloaded an exe. How can I get the inf files needed?

Can you open the .exe with WinRAR or 7-zip? Or run the .exe and it might just unpack it for you.

Can you open the .exe with WinRAR or 7-zip? Or run the .exe and it might just unpack it for you.

It unpacked itself. All that was there was a file that was set up to automatically write to a floppy drive. That's all there was.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I found an old P3 computer here at work that had a floppy drive. I ran the exe on there, and it wrote itselfe to the floppy drive. It ended up writing a few files.

iaachi.cat
iaachi.inf
iastor.cat
iastor.inf
iastor.sys
txtsetup.oem
license.txt
readme.txt

Will the inf files be all that I need to incorporate with nlite? It would only allow me to import inf files.

Back