XP slipstream SP2 question..

number69

[H]ard|Gawd
O.K., I created a slipstreamed SP2 CD.

I followed the guide here:

http://www.neowin.net/articles.php?action=more&id=94

One thing he doesn't include that I noticed happend is after I put the command in the run box and hit ok I got a window asking me if I want to run KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe, I clicked yes.

Then it extracted to a I assume(I hope) a temp directory it was something like C:/ab5dce32oo9hf etc...that's not the exact directory I couldn't memorize the 20 characters.

Then I got the window saying it's intergrating then a window saying everything went ok.

I noticed my drive space went down about a 100 megs then went back to normal after I rebooted.

My question is, that is a temp directory it extracted to right? It didn't overwrite any system files or anything?

Thanks.

It shouldn't have overwritten anything. If you want to make Slipstreamed CDs easier, download AutoStreamer.

I just tried it again this time I kept my C drive open and viewed it after the file extracted.It is a temp folder, it created a folder like fde43scb9hi or some shit after it intergrated the folder vanished.

I saw that page after I created the CD. At least he shows you how to extract it first to a directory you choose. Either way it worked out so it's cool.

Back