• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

XP Professional student

rm.o

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 11, 2003
Messages
332
I bought XP Pro student upgrade, and it came with product keys and cd for both the x86 and the 64-bit version. Is it ok to install both, on seperate computers that I own? The reason I ask is my new laptop came with XP home and I'd like to upgrade it to XP 64, and I have an old 98se computer due for an upgrade.
 
rm.o said:
I bought XP Pro student upgrade, and it came with product keys and cd for both the x86 and the 64-bit version. Is it ok to install both, on seperate computers that I own? The reason I ask is my new laptop came with XP home and I'd like to upgrade it to XP 64, and I have an old 98se computer due for an upgrade.
There should be a license agreement written on documentation that came with the OS. It will have the answer you seek.
 
Assuming you have separate keys for the two versions of XP, then it *should* be okay. I would still verify in the agreement.
 
All I have is the two CD's with different keys. Are you talking about the EULA you accept right before you install?
 
Back
Top