XP Pro x64?

BioHazard.89

Limp Gawd
Can I install XP Pro x64 on my Macbook Intel Core 2 Duo? I'm a relative mac newbie only having owned mine for a year now but I'm going after Leopard with Boot Camp and would like to know what architecture of XP Pro I need to install? Will I notice a difference between 32 and 64 bit XP? Will Boot Camp or my MacBook support 64bit?

Thanks!

John-Michael O'Leary

I would vote against XP 64...not enough software support. Either go Vista 64-bit or XP 32-bit.

I'm running XP64 with no problems... I've been able to find drivers for all my hardware. Reason I went to XP64 is that I have 4GB of nice DDR2-800 I'd like to leverage.

8800gt, NFi650 Ultra (onboard NIC, Audio and other ports OK), Microsoft VX6000 Webcam, UT3, Office 2007, Dreamweaver, Expression Web,

My other machines either run Vista64 or Windows2003 64bit

Only a few pieces of older hardware are not compatible, Creative Labs WebCam III, X10 VA11A Composite to USB and some other doodads from the early days of primitive computing.

I'm running Vista 64 on bootcamp and I've had no problems at all. I got the update off apple.com for Vista 64 and it has been seamless.

You CAN run the 64 bit versions fine, but can is the operative word. I've had a lot of software incompatibilities with 64 bit xp.

I'm running XP64 with no problems... I've been able to find drivers for all my hardware. Reason I went to XP64 is that I have 4GB of nice DDR2-800 I'd like to leverage.

8800gt, NFi650 Ultra (onboard NIC, Audio and other ports OK), Microsoft VX6000 Webcam, UT3, Office 2007, Dreamweaver, Expression Web,

My other machines either run Vista64 or Windows2003 64bit

Only a few pieces of older hardware are not compatible, Creative Labs WebCam III, X10 VA11A Composite to USB and some other doodads from the early days of primitive computing.

umm, you do know this is about an iMac running bootcamp right? these machines have lots of proprietary hardware where apple is the only person writing drivers for them...

Back