XP Pro not allowing network access?

XP Pro SP2
Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall
NOD32

The Guest account is disabled; I log in as admin and have a password.

How come my computer won't allow access from other computers on our network? I can't connect to SharedDocs or anything. Other computers we have, I can connect to them and don't need a password or anything, but mine, all it says is that my computer isn't accessible, doesn't even let me put in a username/pass.

It really bugs me, I'd love any help. Thanks!

EDIT: Is this something that maybe I turned on/off in Tweak UI or the Group Policy Editor somewhere?

At a guess, I'd say it was a setting in kerio. It could also be that file & printer sharing isn't enabled on the machine (check the network connection properties.)

I think kerio is designed to run as a service, so do you mean you uninstall it or specifically disable it? Just closing the system tray part isn't enough.

Still, could be something else.

i have had many problems with this before also
in folder on your computer that you are trying to share, make sure that you have set the right permission, such as the everybody group, make sure they have reade/write acces or whatever you want them to do.
hope it helps

After disabling your filewall did you make sure the windows one was not also running?

To use file sharing and not need a password you either need to have the gues account turned on or you need to setup an account on the machine with the same username/password as the other machine your trying to connect from. That or put them on a domain.

Windows Firewall is disabled.

With the Guest account on, it still doesn't work.

Rebooted after each change.

So if someone can't tell me how to get it working, how does, say, XP Home allow this connecting without having to put in a username/pass or anything? Maybe I can backtrack from there..

Bump.

Reiterate: How come I don't have to set anything up on XP Home computers, how come I just hook 'em up to the network and they're good to go?

You probably need to find the folder that doesn't have SHARING and SECURITY permissions set. They can hide. Chances are, that your home router automatically detects each connection and clicks on the web. If you've set up a home network on the NSW, it has already set the permissions.

Already tried that, created a new folder and set its sharing/security. Tried that with both simple file sharing and non-simple.

Disable simple file sharing. Set the permissions of the folder to everyone on the share tab and security tab. Try to access the share on the same computer, if it works then go try on another computer. Its really recommended that you use the same user names/passwords on each computer, that way you are able to authenticate properly, but if you set the permissions to everyone it should work.

nm i miss read thought it was about ICS still Kero may be blocking the windows networking stuff

Back