XP Pro - Need Some Help with Stored Account Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilAlchemist

2[H]4U
I will attempt to make a very long story .. very short ....

My counties IT dept, is good at some things, but others ... well ... no need for name calling.

I have been telling them there are some security issues on some systems that need to be addressed, but have not gotten anywhere. Last week, my boss pulled me aside and asked if I would show him exactly what I have been talking about.

I went to a random system, XP SP2, and showed him how you could see all the account passwords with the right tools. Here is where the issue comes in and the questions I have.

All the user accounts login into the domain, execpt the local admin account.
Some systems, esp SP2 systems, we were able to see all the account passwords, but on others, no accounts were listed, espically on SP3 systems , except the local admin account.

The best way I can describe it as, all the domain accounts that have ever logged into that system showed up as a local account, but on other systems, there was no record of any users ..

What setting or system policy would allow us to set each system to not store the account information locally, like on the SP3 systems .... on the SP2 systems ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back