XP-PRO:Dual Boot[Same OS used]

Moto Guzzi

[H]ard|Gawd
At the moment I got HDD-0 on IDE-1 and CDROM/CDRW + CDROM/DVD on IDE-2.

I want to mount another new HDD-1 to IDE-2 as master, then CDROMCDRW as Slave to IDE-2 and CDROM/DVD as Slave to IDE-1 with HDD-0[XP-PRO].

Then I want to install XP-PRO[My same CD] to HDD-1[New] without any crap, but only a game I like to play.
[Clean XP-PRO + Game on 2nd HDD].

So the end results must be to Dual-Boot either to the one or the other having basically the same OS+CD used.

Questions:

1-Is it possible and feasible to do this ?

2-How is my activation going to be influenced ?

3-How would you have done it ?

There is a similar thread to this, but the answer is no. One activation per hardware configuration. Only Office allows for two installs from one license. Since I can use any CD I want to install the OS, because the software it self is free, the "My CD" isn't a feesable answer (as per MS).

So the answer is legally no, and no you can't activate it again, as the hardware is different <-- Not 100% on that because I have never tried it.

Cheers,

Edit: As for question three: Use different hardware profiles and user accounts. Have specific setting per profile (as in what starts service wise, etc).

Cheers,

1. should be possible if by IDE1 you me the primary chain and IDE2 you mean the secondary, then yes

2. don't know I don't use XP

3. wouldn't have added a second optical drive

It should be as simple as add the other drive then install xp to it, it will see the other install but just don't touch it

Back