xp pro 32 to Vista home x64

Sven_Lee

Limp Gawd
For some odd reason I can't install Vista in x64 edition. When I try to install it by booting from the DVD it says I need to install from within windows. However, it says in order to install x64 edition of Vista I need to install from the DVD.. Wtf? How do I go about installing Vista in x64?? I tried google and searching the forums but didn't come up with anything really useful. I'd appreciate any tips. Thanks guys.

Are you trying this with the drive wiped out? For the best results, back up your data, wipe the drive, and boot from the Vista DVD.

I figured out that I need the 64 bit Vista DVD which needs to be ordered separately of course, since Microsoft can't just give it to you with Home Premium like they should.... Waiting on that to come in the mail. Hopefully the install will go smoothly. Any tips out there on anything to watch out for before installing 64 bit Vista? Thnx.

my tip would be to ignore all the fear mongering about vista and x64. i upgraded from 32 ultimate to x64 ultimate about 30 mins ago and everything went fine.

Back