XP Open All Users folder problem

SkaarjMaster

[H]ard|Gawd
For some odd reason:confused:, everytime I right-click on Start, then Open All Users, then double-click on Programs in the Start Menu to modify my start menu instead of just expanding the folder it brings up a separate search window even after uninstalling Windows Search 4.0. Anyone know how I can get it back to just expanding? It's OK within My Computer and Windows Explorer for some strange reason. Thank you.

Check your folder options for a setting called Open each window in it's own process. Uncheck that and see if it fixes it.

nope that's not it. I have two computers side-by-side both running XP and all of the folder settings are the same. I wonder if it's some registry setting that got messed up?

I have a reg cleaner installed already, but I'd rather not run it if someone already knows what's going on.

Well it's not just "a registry cleaner". It's a product provided by Microsoft. If you have uninstalled a product and you are noticing residual effects from it, especially considering that product was provided by Microsoft, I would think they would have the cleaner look for errors similar to that.

I trust Microsoft in dealing with the registry a hell of a lot more than product x.

Check your folder options for a setting called Open each window in it's own process. Uncheck that and see if it fixes it.

I think that just makes it so that if one open folder crashes, it won't bring other folders down with it.

Back