XP no longer recognizes my Flash drive

Muad"Dib"

Weaksauce
The most peculiar thing has happened. I recently installed a new hardrive and a fresh copy of Xp. I had been using my Corsair flash drive to transfer things as i also re loaded software. Here is where things go wrong. My last piece of software would not load properly. Roxio media 8. I tried twice. I said to myself I will figure this out later and resumed installing from my flash drive. Now when I went back to the flash drive it is not automatically detected nor does it show up any longer in my computer. Also my firewall is no longer detected nor my anti virus but you can see that they are active. I am very perplexed. I use my flash drive a lot. Help :confused:

Muad"Dib";1030897890 said:
The most peculiar thing has happened. I recently installed a new hardrive and a fresh copy of Xp. I had been using my Corsair flash drive to transfer things as i also re loaded software. Here is where things go wrong. My last piece of software would not load properly. Roxio media 8. I tried twice. I said to myself I will figure this out later and resumed installing from my flash drive. Now when I went back to the flash drive it is not automatically detected nor does it show up any longer in my computer. Also my firewall is no longer detected nor my anti virus but you can see that they are active. I am very perplexed. I use my flash drive a lot. Help :confused:

In regards to the flash drive, does it work on any other PC?
If so, then after plugging it into the PC that it dose not work on, check device manager for any conflicts, probably with mass storage.

Thanks alot for the tip. I followed my nose and re installed the drive. Everything is cool now. :)

Back