XP Mobile - stock temps?

Benny Blanco

2[H]4U
I doubt anyone is running stock speed on these :p , but I'm very curious to know what the stock idle/load temps of these chips are!

Also post what heatsink you're using, and ambient temp if possible.

Thanks,
Benny

Benny,
the stock temps from what i remember were extremely low. I can't remember exactly but something like 29c idle or something insane like that. Much lower than any stock palomino, tbred, desktop barton @ idle. This things perfect for little hot boxes like SFF and any micro atx case

29c is really nice... wow.

I'm going to have to start making threads in the For Sale section to get me one of these chips :p

I have my regular barton @ 1.425v and 2 ghz.

my sk-7 and 39 cfm sunon fan kept it only 3-5 deg above ambient during full load. My 24v panaflo M1A @ 12v (almost impossible to hear unless your ear is next to it) keeps it 6-10 deg. above ambient full load.

I don't have idle temps because i fold.

This is an older unlocked barton NOT a mobile one.

Originally posted by DryFire
I have my regular barton @ 1.425v and 2 ghz.

my sk-7 and 39 cfm sunon fan kept it only 3-5 deg above ambient during full load. My 24v panaflo M1A @ 12v (almost impossible to hear unless your ear is next to it) keeps it 6-10 deg. above ambient full load.

I don't have idle temps because i fold.

This is an older unlocked barton NOT a mobile one.
Don't take this the wrong way, but that sounds like total BS, as up until just now, this is unheard of (to me)... an older barton doing 2.0ghz at 1.425v? :confused:

screenshot.GIF

sorry about the grainy ness but if you want teh high res version i can sned that to you.

My motherboard does overvolt but in the bios it is set at 1.425.

It's been running F@H for a 1 1/2 days now, I had to shut down due to a power outage on friday.

When I got my Moble 2400, at stock speeds/volts with my SP-97 heatsink on an AN7 board, I was getting 32c system temps, 32 CPU temp idle and 35c load running Prime95.

At 1.788 volt setting which reads 1.8 in the bios, it runs 39idle and 45load running Prime95, 3dgames, etc. That's with about 80CFM of airflow going over it and system temps of 32c (which I think is wrong), room temps of 72 with AC on and the air blowing right at the computer with side fan pulling in cold air and blowing on the MB.

AT stock though, they do run very cool with a decent HSF. Even with stock cooling that comes with the retail version, I imagine they still do pretty good.

I could run my 2400+ Mobile at default voltage and do 2ghz without breaking a sweat. At 2.2ghz, I had to go to 1.6v. At 2.4ghz, I have to run 1.8. 220x11

well my computer froze after about two days of folding at 1.425v. before the power out on friday i was running at 1.45v successsfully for a couple days. I don't think it will crash.

well my computer froze after about two days of folding at 1.425v. before the power out on friday i was running at 1.45v successsfully for a couple days. I don't think it will crash.

So in other words, you're stress testing with Folding@home?

Please don't.

Please stress test with Prime95. Folding@home results actually mean something and go towards the good of humanity.. Check out the Stickies at the top of the Distributed Computing forum.

That aside, if folding doesn't crash it doesn't mean it's not unstable. You can still be having massively wrong calculations without crashing the system.

Prime95 it and up the voltage until it lasts 24 hours, otherwise it's really pretty much useless.

I do game quite a bit and about 4 hours of battle field does nothing.

I'll try prime.

my chip(2400-m, iqyfa) is at 2600mhz @ 1.936-1.96 volts.

it idles at 35c. sp97+92mmtornado though.

My XP-M 2500+ @ 2.4GHz (1.675 VCore) hits 50 Celsius under a full load of prime95, and idles in the high thirties, with typical temps in games from the low to mid forties.

>sorry about the grainy ness but if you want teh high res version i can sned that to you.

WTF did you do to that picture? It's huge because the grain ruins any chance of good compression! Did you go JPEG -> GIF or some such insanity?!

Sheesh.

Just take the screenie and save as PNG. The file will be small.

My own 2xCPU-Z screenshot is 24KB. Your grainy GIF is 165KB.

I'm just using paint I"m used to photoshop but don';t have it anymore. Guess i need to aquaint myself with paint.

It's a bit off topic I guess, but ZCPU can save the window to a BMP file (I think it's F5/F6 or something, it's in the readme). From there you can use tools like ImageMagick to create a PNG file ("convert bmp:filename.bmp png:newfile.png").

Add pngcrush to the list if you want to squeeze those few last kilobytes out of an image ("pngcrush -brute oldfile.png newfile.png" or if you're in a hurry "pngcrush -m 113 oldfile.png newfile.png" because method 113 seems to be the one for typical screenshots. Will get you anything from 0% to ~20% reduction depending on how bad the original PNG-writer was.)

I do game quite a bit and about 4 hours of battle field does nothing.

I'll try prime.
My xp2500 (just regular, not mobile) can do 2.2ghz at 1.65v stable in windows, but prime95 fails immediately. It needs 1.75v to be stable in prime.

At stock:

1.8GHz
1.45V

Idle:
23C
Load:
27C

Watercooled: BI2, Maze3, Eheim 1250

What happened to 1.425v? :D

I'm gonna try your 200x10 with my barton at 1.5v. I bet it will fail prime95 instantly :(

brb ;)

I must be missing something, what was interesting with that humongus screenshot?

PS.
# gif2png -nsO snap109.gif
111567 snap109.gif
86331 snap109.png

24KB difference, or about ten seconds if you're on a modem.

Originally posted by eloj
I must be missing something, what was interesting with that humongus screenshot?
CPU speed: 2.0ghz
CPU voltage: 1.5v

(down from stock voltage 1.65v)

This is not a mobile chip. Just a regular barton 2500. I find that interesting, because that I'm guessing that it should run 1830mhz at 1.45v, which is what the new mobile bartons are.

Back