XP media center

Ldogg1981

Weaksauce
I have been trying to figure this one out for a while and have yet to find a satisfactory answer. When I go into system properties it show I am running Media Center Edition 2002 sp2, but when I look at the sticker on the bottom of my laptop it show Media Center Edition 2005. Did Toshiba pull a fast one on me or is there a good explanation for this? Thanks in advance.

I found a way to check the version in the media center program. But, I have now discovered a new problem. When I open media center (this is the first time I have tried to use it) I receive an error message that says, "files needed to display video are not installed or not working correctly." Has anybody else seen this message and know of a way to fix it? I can ignore the message and continue to do the first time set up, but then I get a critical error after a few minutes. It is pretty frustrating to use a program for the first time only to receive error messages and find it unusable.

i heard that media center has a lot of compatibility issues, driver issues, and lower performance compared to xp. not sure how true this is but thats about all the info i can give. if anyone can clear this up it would be great.

Back