XP-M info

Ok, I've been looking around for an XP-M to get a better OC, and some sites say that they have a 333fsb, but then you go to order, and its a 266...are there any that have an actual 333fsb?

An Athlon XP Mobile is only a 266 MHz bus part. No Athlon XP laptop uses antyhing faster than DDR PC2100. Gives good reason to look at an Athlon64 mobile system when looking for a laptop. ;)

ok, j/w if i shoulda canceled my order to find a real 333fsb...anyone got some specs for how high the fsb can go?

you can put the FSB on these things as high as you like. IF you want to save money, get a mobile 2500 or 2600

i have mine sitting at 200 fsb right now and its way better then my barton 2500+ was. get the mobile xp 2600+ u wont be sad about it

Ya, you said you're gonna oc it so the stock fsb is not an issue. Even if it was 333, any overclocker would still push it to at least 400.

I have an xp-m 2000 (tbred, not barton... only 256k L2) arriving shortly (couldn't wait to put it in my sig tho' lol)

I wanted to save as much dough as possible, and since I never noticed a difference between the tbred's and bartons in the past, I don't expect I'll regret this bargain for $62, especially if I can hit at least 2.4ghz :cool:

Has anyone seen this even lower wattage XP-M 2200 (barton)? How much lower can they go??? :cool:

Langly said:
i have mine sitting at 200 fsb right now and its way better then my barton 2500+ was. get the mobile xp 2600+ u wont be sad about it
:confused:
I am dissapointed in that OC. You should be hitting way higher than that, especialy with a 2600+

PureBooYah said:
mines at 245....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :p
And as for you, slow it down there cheif :p

(did you get that link i sent you this morning?)

i havnt had time to play with the o/c yet. i plan on upping it when i get time to make sure it will be stable but it will be a bit, graduation this week.

I'm at 212FSB, can't push it too much farther because my RAM sucks.

"Stock FSB" means nothing in an unlocked processor.

I am running at 200 FSB. Last time I upped to FSB to 206 and my system locked up and wouldn't boot. I had to contact shuttle and get a new bios chip for $20 dollars (male chicken sukers)!!! I haven't had the rocks to try and OC the FSB again so i am stuck at 2.5GHz

MiXdNuTs said:
I am running at 200 FSB. Last time I upped to FSB to 206 and my system locked up and wouldn't boot. I had to contact shuttle and get a new bios chip for $20 dollars (male chicken sukers)!!! I haven't had the rocks to try and OC the FSB again so i am stuck at 2.5GHz

That would SUCK! :( That's where a Dual Bios option is nice. ;)

AMD T-type said:
:confused:
I am dissapointed in that OC. You should be hitting way higher than that, especialy with a 2600+

And as for you, slow it down there cheif :p

(did you get that link i sent you this morning?)

me?? slow down??? nevar ....i can get into windows at 245x11.5, but can't do anything except stare at the desktop or it'll crash. so if i was running anything but air cooling i could get 2.8ghz+ easy :D

and yeah i read it before i went to work...fuckin hilarious, DN is such a noob (i hope he sees this post :D)

I have my athlon xp-m 2400+ @ 2.4 ghz 240 fsb, I admit though I was expecting way more clockspeed for less voltage. 1.95 is a little ridiculous.

All of the XP-M chips, as far as I know, are 266 Mhz FSB. Obviously you can raise that to whatever your subsystem can support. On many boards, the chips require a L12 mod in order to hit a FSB >~220. There are modded BIOS revisions that have an L12 mod built-in; with the NF7-S, it merely applies the 200 MHz FSB table to chips recognized as 133 or 166.

i let prime 95 run for a bit at 2.0 just to see where the mobile 2400 was compared to my regular 2500...35C load compared to 50C load at same fsb and multi...i think i like the 2400M, especially at the same price

Back