XP-M 2400+ overclocking adventures

Bendill

n00b
Hi,

For the record, I have been running my puter at these specs for some time now:
AMD XP-M 2400+ 13x200Mhz @ 1.7V
2 x Kingston HyperX PC3500 256Mb
Everything else is the same. I had tried to get past 200Mhz fsb for some time, but no luck.

Yesterday I got 1 Gig matched pair of OCZ PC4000 Gold memory. Gitty as a schoolgirl I switched as soon as possible. I didn't touch anything in the BIOS when I booted up the first time, everything a-ok. :D
So, instead of raising the fsb one integer at a time, my lazy ass just cranked it all the way up to 220Mhz, and lowered the multi down to 11. Everything boots up fine! Since the thrill had consumed me, I said to myself "why not go even further?"... 230Mhz and everything is fine. Please note that this board is not voltmodded in any way and I'm still running on stock voltages for northbridge and memory. Lost in the bliss of high fsb I snapped out of it a while later, thinking it was time to go to sleep, I ran Prime95 for an hour with success, the CPU topping out at 42°C. Here is a screenshot of my doings from yesterday ( these settings looked totally stable btw)

OMGWTFPWN.jpg

Nice overclock, the DFI board lets you go up to 13x multi? Thats awesome.

My Epox limits me to 12.5

Bastard! My XP-M 2500+ only clocks to 2.4Ghz @ ~36C(1.725v) with watercooling. I seemed to get a bad overclocker, as I can't even get 2.5Ghz stable at 1.8v. For the record, I'm only running a 200Mhz FSB with XMS 3500 and XMS 3200.

I might have to give some higher clocked ram a try. I don't trust OCZ, I'll have to check and see what the Corsair goes for.

I've been able to boot into Windows at 2.8Ghz, but it's wery unstable. And that was at 200x14 :rolleyes: The processor seems to like 11 multiplier more cuz it wouldn't hold at 2.7 in my previous attempts, I was using 13.5x200 at that time.
The funny thing is that I haven't hit a wall on the fsb yet... I gotta try it a bit more later today :D

wow, that's impressive!

I do 2.4GHz at 1.65v. I haven't tried any higher. I should though, before I get Doom3 :p . I have the IQYHA stepping. It seems to be good one from what I hear :D .

Cheers!

sweet mother of an AMD fanboy!!!
you take it easy here now, ya hear!

you just keep on cranking that fsb as see what cielings come down :)

gl

Damn nice OC there Bendill. You are using a watercooled setup, right?

Roberty said:
Damn nice OC there Bendill. You are using a watercooled setup, right?

Wow, long time since I've been able to sit in front of a computer!

Yes, I'm using Asetek Waterchill with the old style block and a Hydor L20 pump, a puny Black Ice Pro radiator and 8 mm ID tubing :(
I wish I could get my hands on some of that Dangerden stuff here in Iceland, but for me to order it from the States would cost me more in shipping than I would pay for the gear itself :mad:

BTW, 260Mhz FSB seems stable, but only at low multipliers. I can get 260x9. I should be able to post benchmarks later today.

Back