XP Lock up issues

thespillcanvas

Weaksauce
I hate bugging you guys for help, but I'm stumped.

For the past week or so I've been having very strange problems with my PC.

First off, I'm on 32bit XP.

My keyboard and mouse combo consists of a Logitech G5 mouse and a G15 keyboard. The G15 has a volume wheel which, for the past year, has worked totally fine. As of two weeks ago whenever I turn it my keyboard and mouse lock up. I can still move my mouse cursor around on screen but I can't click anything. Also, on the keyboard I can still hit the Windows key to make the start menu pop open, and I can use ctrl+alt+del to make the task manager open (can't click anything inside either, though.) Other things seem to cause this too like random key combinations. Device manager shows no problems and I really don't think it's a hardware issue but maybe some sort of software conflict?

Also, in my task manager it won't report any info on my PC:

taskmgr880.jpg

I have absolutely no clue what caused this. I went to bed, woke up, and my PC was like this. No software or hardware changes were made whatsoever. Also AVG, nod32, Spybot, etc all report back nothing.

I'm really clueless here and any help is appreciated.

Thanks. :)

It could be a driver issue. Did the Logitech drivers automagically updated by themselves? Or maybe they need an update?

Also, it could be a power issue for your USB ports. Do you have a lot of USB devices plugged? Try getting a powered hub or removing USB devices, especially those connected to the keyboard.

I own the exact same keyboard and mouse and use them just fine. Although, I've seen mention of what you're describing.

Are you using the logitech software for the mouse? Which version of the G15 software are you using?

I highly recommend that you uninstall the G15 Gaming Keyboard software and use the G15 Keyboard (the second version, with orange LCD) software instead (last I checked, Logitech hadn't made it plainly available for G15 Gaming Keyboard owners). The link is here: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/434/3498&cl=us,en

The new revision of the software works just fine with the first-gen G15, but it's more stable and has some new features.

Back