XP installtion trouble

Koreanzulu

Weaksauce
I recently decided to format my HD and do a fresh install of windows xp, so i DBANed and in the middle i got a nonfatal error, and it exited and made me restart, so i tried to install windows xp professional and all was well until it automatically reboot the machine (to continue with installation) then it just ran the exact same installation again, isn't it supposed to buoot up to XP and finish the installation. When i took the CD drive out i got the error when it tried to boot to my harddrive of:
Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem
Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware.
Please chekc the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information.
btw, i am trying to install on a SATA hd,
any help is MUCH appreciated

Did you install the SATA driver off a disk when you first booted into windows setup? It's one of the things scrolling at the bottom of the screen when everything is loading.

I clicked f6 but and it went to the screen but said there was no mass storage drives present, then i tried to use the bootable CD epox gave me with the motherboard to create a SATA floppy disk, but there is an error when formatting it, i only found old disks to use though, could buying a fresh disk fix this?

If Windows can't get the correct driver for your SATA drive that could be causing the problem.
Another thing to check is that you have the proper boot order specified in your BIOS. Make sure your SATA drive is #1

i successfully made a SATA driver disk and it worked when i hit f6 for the windows setup and i reformatted and it copied the installation files, but when i restarted it just went to the whole begining of the installation and when i took the CD out it just gave me the same errror message described as before...could the DBAN have messed up my harddrive? or is it still something im missing>?

yes, the boot order has the floppy first, then CD-rom, then sata hd, then pata 30gb storage drive

Back