XP Home upgradable to XP Pro?

rhiza

n00b
Hi, I have a job for a client tomorrow -- they want XP Pro installed on their computers instead of XP Home. I was wondering if any of you guys knew if the XP Pro upgrade allows this?

i would assume that he just bought the upgrade licenses.... if that is what he did then you are legal, and the upgrade cds will allow you to do it

I'm just going to go buy the $200 version from the store tomorrow, no time to order licenses -- this is everything I need right?

rhiza said:
I'm just going to go buy the $200 version from the store tomorrow, no time to order licenses -- this is everything I need right?
As long as you're buying one per computer, yep.

You also qualify for the Upgrade version of Windows XP Pro. Because you have home already, it will take the upgrade version.

Cheers,

Geez, thats gonna hurt. you could just back up the data and buy a brand new oem xp pro disc for about $150 and even have it red shipped to you for less. Especially if you need more then 1 license

yeh, but I had to have the upgrade done the day of the post. I have another question -- one of the computers blue screened during the upgrade, and I had to clean install it. in case this happens again, is there a way to save the windows settings like desktop icons, registry, start menu programs, registered programs, etc so I can load them upon the clean installation?

Back